August 23, 2017
Once again, the change of seasons is upon us and the ladies at Island Cove have interpreted the Fall 2017 Pantone color forecast for beading enthusiasts. There are 10 hues in total, and we're presenting them in five cool combinations. Drop by the shop and check out our collection of Czech and Japanese seed beads, colorful cords and leathers, seashell beads, and more in the colors of the season.
According to Pantone, the Fall 2017 color palette is “bookended by a dynamic Grenadine red and a tawny Autumn Maple, the color palette for Fall 2017 leans more to warmth, “ says Eiseman. “While comforting, enveloping colors and ease are crucial to the seasonal feeling, standout shades include a pale pink Ballet Slipper, a refreshing Golden Lime, and a bright Marina blue. These hues add a striking touch when paired with the classic autumnal shades of Navy Peony, Neutral Gray, Butterrum and Tawny Port.”
Shaded Spruce + Autumn Maple
- The round operculum beads mix both of these fall hues. Combine them with maple pips and artisan lampwork leaves in a deep green to complete the look.
Butterum + Marina
- For a flash of blue, choose a labradorite cabochon or pick up some rivolis. We also carry tile beads, tubes of rizos, and torch fired enamel dragonfly charms in this palette.
Grenadine + Golden Lime
- The pairing starts with oval-shaped Czech table-cut beads with a Picasso finish. Add to the mix: 4mm fire polish beads, red coral nuggets, lime green daggers, or hanks of sparkly two-cut beads.
Tawny Port + Ballet Slipper
- Island Cove carries pip beads in both of these colors, plus shimmery daggers, matte rose quartz beads, and the most gorgeous Czech leaf beads too.
Neutral Gray + Navy Peony
- Rounding out the collection, grey and navy combine beautifully. Shop our selection of sodalite and lapis cabochons, silver pips, navy large-hole pearls, artisan lampwork leaves in grey silk, and the coolest matte navy fire polish beads.
If you're curious how to combine these 10 colors in your clothing and accessories for the fall, check out the fashion-forward outfits imagined by Imogen Lamport's Inside Out Style blog.
In addition to the color forecast, we've tracked a few jewelry-specific trends worth noting for autumn. Check out the short list of fall 2017 jewelry trends below.
- Paris Vogue: keys & oversized hoops
- Etsy: clear resin, polymer clay & opals. Sign up for a DIY Resin Pendant class at Island Cove.
- Harpers Bazaar: crystals
- Pouted: tassel jewelry - integrate tassels on earrings, bracelets, necklaces, or keychains.
October 18, 2023
May 29, 2022
This month, Island Cove is featuring the Herringbone stitch. A geometric, versatile pattern for using different sizes and shapes of beads to create beautiful beaded jewelry!
Named after the backbone of the Herring fish, the 2 bead pattern creates a shape like a “v” similar to a chevron but not the same, and is then...
November 27, 2021
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …